Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM:
1) 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually for any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. However Science is preferable.
2) 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council.
3) 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream–Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/Centre.
4) Registered ANM with pass mark.
5) Minimum age for admission will be 17 years. (as on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 yrs. For ANM/ for LHV, there is no age bar.
1) For disabled candidates: 3% Disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing programme.
2) 5% is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
3) Any other quotas as per the State Govt. under the reservation policy.
4) Admission of students shall be once in a year.
5) Students shall be medically fit.